Sunday, October 19, 2008

Pretty Princess Pink

I got tired of looking at the last post-it was too creepy for my taste, so I have to replace it with something a little cuter. . .We took this picture of Sophie on her birthday. She's such a cutie!
Anyway, I just had to post a couple of cute Sophie-isms. We've been trying to teach her how to match the words for the various colors with the correct color. Most of the time when we ask, "Sophie, what color is this?" she replies, "Yellow." Today, I asked her what color her shirt was. She replied, "Yellow." I said, "No, it's pink." She said, "No, pretty princess pink!" What a girl!

On another topic, I was surprised to find her diaper dry when I got her out of bed this morning, so I asked her if she wanted to go on the potty chair. She was thrilled when she went potty and got candy. Hopefully, this is the beginning of the end of diapers!

Finally, the older kids have been playing hide and seek with Sophie, so she's heard them count. Last night when I asked her how many fingers she had, she counted them out loud, "One, two, four, five, six, eight, nine, ten, lebben." We practiced a little this morning, and she actually got from one to 10 all by herself without any mistakes! I can't believe my baby's growing up!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

What a smart 2 year old! She is a cutie!

Cristi said...

She is so cute! I love how you post about "sophie-isms" it makes me think about all the silly thinks Zack does that are unique to him. :)

Tara said...

Oh, she's SO much cuter than your "pretend" baby! And I think it's great that you documented the darling little things she says.

Good luck with the end of diapers!

Halls Family said...

The end of diapers...I can't wait for that day! Sophie is so cute! I can't believe how much she is growing up. I can't wait to see you and your cute kids, and of course Steve! Love you guys!

Jarom Jackson said...

I can't believe how smart Sophie is, that's really neat!