Thursday, October 30, 2008

Nerd Day

Today was "Nerd" Day at Steven's school. I haven't seen him this excited in, well, forever! He put this "costume" together by himself.

By the way, I learned there's a difference between a nerd and a geek. Steve (dad) prides himself in being a geek--a geek is a good thing. Steven is just as proud of his geekdom! He loves Star Wars, playing his trombone, reading Lord of the Rings, and playing video games--which is pretty much the definition of a geek. A nerd is something you don't want to be. Socially backward and alone in the world. In this picture, Steven is a nerd. . . When he wears his Star Wars shirts, he's a geek. (And proud of it!)

6 comments:

Shannon said...

And this is probably the only day of the year that you will get him to wear his head gear to school. :) Love it!

Anonymous said...

Is that head gear for real? I still have nightmares of mine poking me in the cheek and jaw.I totally thought they outlawed those things.

oh and steve...you are a geek:)

Jarom Jackson said...

The nerd outfit is great, very funny and even funnier that he was so excited about dressing up as it!

Kristy said...

Wow Steven you look amazing! Oh the head gear brings back so many memories, Tammy! You poor thing! I always felt so bad for you and was very grateful that I didn't have to wear one!

Jackie said...

I'm glad I now know the difference between a nerd and a geek. How did I survive this long and not know?

Tara said...

Thanks for the explantion of the difference in the two. It makes sense.

The nerd pictures...hilarious!