Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fun with Shannon!

My sister, Shannon, came to visit us for 10 days, and we all had a great time. We love having visitors from out of state because it helps us get out of our little comfort zone and explore the fun things around us. (You may notice some pictures on Shannon's blog may look a little familiar! Obviously, I found the missing pictures, Shannon!)

On the way home from the airport, we took Shannon to Snoqualmie Falls and the Seattle Temple.
Sophie made a new friend at the temple. One night we went hiking at Flaming Geyser.While the boys were at Cub Camp and Scout Camp, we took the girls to the zoo. It was Sophie's first visit to the zoo, and she loved the elephants. Here's a picture of Rachel with a tiger in the background.
And we thought ahead and brought swimming suits to the zoo so the girls could play in the water.
We all (minus Steve) went swimming at the Y--sorry--NO PHOTOS there!!!

And best of all, we played tourists and went downtown!
The kids' favorite stop was the Fremont Bridge Troll. My favorite part was the doughnut shop at Pike's Place Market.
Shannon "met" Sylvester in Ye Olde Curiosity Shop.
The boys' favorite part of the visit was playing the Wii with Aunt Shannon. She's really good!

When we dropped Shannon off at the airport, Sophie was sobbing, "Shannon--Shannon!" We had to yell out of the van to Shannon to come back for one last hug. We took Sophie out of her car seat and she wrapped her arms and legs around her for one last big hug. (I wish I'd had my camera--it was so sweet!)


Thanks for coming Shannon! Come back again soon. We love you!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Thank you for not putting swim suit pictures on...you're a gem. :) I had so much fun! I miss you guys a lot! I had my camera in my purse at the airport...I should have thought to take a picture with Sophie!

Shannon said...

PS I love the pig picture! I think we found success in getting a new facebook picture :)

Kristy said...

Man, I can't believe you guys aren't brave enough to post (or even take) pictures of yourselves in swimming suits! Come on, Cherilyn did it! No worries, you don't see any of me on my blog! (If I was looking as good as Cherilyn and wasn't such a pastey-white Alaskan I might consider it!)

Steven, I heard your voice on Shannon's blog. Wow! What a stud muffin!

Tammy and Steve your family is adorable! I would love to come and visit, but will not be watching your kids if I do!=)

Matt and Carla said...

How fun to have an excuse and opportunity to play tourists in Seattle, I need some family to come visit! That troll under the bridge is cool, Jarom wants to go see it now. I never even knew he existed! You sure did a lot of fun things around home, very neat!