Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bapa-Gump and Bapa-Ma

On May 22nd I had a hysterectomy. I'll spare you the details--all I can say is it's very painful and it's taking longer to recover than I thought it would. Let's just say my favorite part of the hospital was the PCA morphine drip and my favorite part about being home is Vicodin! My family has been wonderful about helping around the house--especially my sweet husband who has really stepped up being both mom and dad while I've been down.

Saturday afternoon after my surgery, my mom and dad came from Montana to help us and are here until June 4th. (They have been a life saver for us! My mom keeps the house clean and my dad keeps Sophie occupied!)
The first few minutes they were here, Sophie was really hesitant to go to either one of them, but now they're inseparable! She calls Grandpa Lacey "Bapa-Gump," and Grandma Lacey either "Mamama" or "Bapa-Ma." It's so cute! My mom and dad went to Eugene, OR to visit my Uncle Dave for the weekend, so Sophie's been like a lost little puppy without them. She saw a picture of them on the mantle and carried it around all morning saying, "Bapa-Gump bye-bye!" She smiles when I tell her they're coming back!

The highlights of their visits are Sophie's daily walks . . .(Sophie picked out the outfit she's wearing!)
Grandpa reading stories . . .
And Grandma making Danish Cinnamon Rolls just like my grandma used to make when she'd come visit me!

8 comments:

Nikki said...

My sister had one just a couple of months ago. The thing that kept her going was NO PERIODS! Lucky you!

Tara said...

I'm sorry you had to go through that. I hope you're feeling better every day. It's great that your parents were able to come and help and that Sophie's been having so much fun with them.

Julie said...

Tammy:
I just got caught up. I'm sending hugs your way. I hope you feel much better.

Ben and Carrie said...

Ahh! First your gall bladder, then this! There's going to be nothing left to take from you. But this one sounds much more painful than the gall bladder surgery and I sure hope you get feeling better really fast.

How wonderful that your parents have been there to help and have special time with Sophie. Grandparents are the best!

Shannon said...

So when is mom going to come make danish cinnamon rolls for me??? Maybe I should hurry and get married and have kids so she'll have a greater excuse to come visit :)

Tami said...

Tammy, I hope you're feeling better soon. How wonderful for your kids that their grandparents can come be a big part of their lives! Take Care

Jackie said...

I hope that you are feeling back to your "normal" self soon!

How fun for the kids to hang out with Grandma and Grandpa.

Camille said...

I'm glad your parents were able to come and help. I'm sure you are anxious to feel "normal" again and I hope that happens soon.