Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A Little About Me . . .

1. What were you doing 10 years ago? I was living in Brookfield, Wisconsin with Steve and Steven. I was very pregnant with Ben. We had no cable, so all Steven had to watch was Sesame Street and Teletubbies. (Now that we have cable, suprisingly, the only shows Sophie likes to watch are Sesame Street and Teletubbies. The only difference is that I Tivo them so she can watch them whenever I need her to!) I was the Primary chorister in church. I still remember doing "Head, shoulders, knees, and toes" and the older kids laughing because I couldn't touch my toes.) For fun, little Steven and I would go to Barnes and Noble for story time and have play dates with his little friends--there were lots of little kids in our ward. Man, I thought I was busy then!

2. 5 Things on my To-Do List Today...1. Laundry--you know it's bad when your kids complain they don't have anything to wear to school and your husband has to go buy new gym clothes to work out in because there aren't any clean ones. 2. Cleaning my shower. 3. Watching Brandon Carman--this was on my to-do list until Rachel said she wasn't feeling well, so she's staying home and we're playing "school" instead. 4. Setting up a chiropractor appointment--my chiropractor sent a birthday postcard saying I could come in this month for a free adjustment! Yippee--thanks Dr. Dedge! 5. Calling Rufino and getting my hair cut! (Yes, Lacey sisters--it's even worse than when I was in Arizona--at least Kristy helped my avoid the total "she-mullet" by trimming off the back in the hotel room.)

3. What snacks I enjoy...anything! I especially enjoy peanut butter crackers--at 200 calories a pack, not the healthiest snack...I also love peanut M&M's, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Snickers--anything with peanut butter in them.

4. What would I do if I were to suddenly be a Billionaire? Of course I would pay my tithing first, man that would be a huge check! (Sorry to plaguerize, Cherilyn!)Then I would hire a maid to clean my house every day--especially my shower!

5. 3 Bad Habits...1. Having too many projects going on at once. 2. Leaving my clothes out at night--it means I have to pick them up in the morning. (I wonder why my kids do the same thing?!? It drives me crazy when they do it!) 3. Not cleaning as I cook--it drives Steve crazy--but he's learned to live with it.

6. 5 Places I've lived...1. Drummond, MT 2. Provo and Sandy, UT 3. Austria 4. Austin, TX 5. Brookfield, WI

7. 5 Jobs I've had...Kitchen help and waitress at the Wagon Wheel Cafe 2. Telemarketer for Eagle Marketing 3. BYU Bookstore- I was a secretary/receptionist/sales floor. For 3 years, I was the voice of the BYU Bookstore who would page everyone who needed to be paged. 4. Novell/WordPerfect--Sales manual writer/intern (I never did know what I was doing while I was there!) 5. Megahertz/3Com--Internal Sales Rep --I talked on the phone all day to people about modems. I hadn't even used one before! It was back in the mid-90's before the internet.

8. 5 Things People don't know about me. . . I talk so much that most people already know everything about me! Let's see. . .1. I've never colored my hair. 2. I showed a heifer (baby cow for those of you who don't know what a heifer is) in 4-H when I was Ben's age. 3. I would love to go rock climbing some day if I ever get in shape! 4. I hate shopping (but almost all of you know that!) 5. I'm still in my PJ's (and so is Sophie) and it's almost 10:00 a.m.! I need to go get to work!

Ok, so I did this when I read my sisters, Cherilyn and Shannon's blogs. I am supposed to tag 5 of you, but you can just do the survey if you would like.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Rufino? Seriously? Wow!